Monday, October 22, 2012

Itron Centron C1SR Reverse Engineering Progress...


So, my previous blog post stated that this blog would essentially just be a progress log. So, here it goes. As of now I have the LCD stuff figured out, and even wrote a demo program (See picture in header) to play around with it. I've also found the ERT ID. The ERT ID is used to identify yourself on the power grid. Basically the way that this works (I hope) is that when the meter reader drives by, he's picking up RF packets sent out by this meter in the 910-920MHZ range, and part of the data in those packets is the ERT ID, this is a 26-bit identification number that would basically let the billing system know who used the reported usage. Your physical address would be tied to this number in their billing system. At this point I have a few payloads I've written that actually run on the meter itself. A few of those are, one to change the ERT ID, one is an LCD 7seg character driver, one is an external eeprom dumper that dumps through USART, and a few other small tests. Hopefully I'll have more to post about it the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment